Sunday, January 23, 2011

Something to get excited about...

Life moves on, even when you don’t think it does. In June 2008, the day before my birthday, Jon officially proposed to me. We have been planning and saving ever since. Last summer, we finally came up with a date: August 18, 2012. We have picked so many dates, and backed out of them after I get really excited about them.
This time, was a little different. I didn’t even get excited. Well, the weekend after my Grammy Meg died, one of my friends from work told me I needed to get out of my house and do something. So we went to the Bridal Expo a couple towns over. I saw a lot of awesome things, and got a lot of great ideas.
I also, got a gift card for David’s Bridal, and made an appointment to check out some dresses. My Aunt Sue insisted on taking me to my appointment. I went there, feeling “blah” about our wedding. I was a little apprehensive, and figured I wouldn’t find anything anyways, so it would be a wasted trip. Also, Jon is still a little nervous about actually setting a date. So I’m still trying to not get my hopes up.
The trip turned out wonderful. We had a great consultant named Jasmine. She was super nice, and very helpful. I tried on a total of 10 dresses, and fell in love with the second dress. IN LOVE! Who knew?! We put a down payment on it, as well as a down payment on a matching dress for Jillie.
I am so excited, I wanted to cry! Happy tears, of course. I can’t wait to marry Jon now. I can’t wait to walk down the isle and see Jon standing at the end of it, waiting to marry me, waiting to start the rest of our lives together. I tear up a little just thinking about it. I am so excited to start this new chapter. <3

2 comments:

  1. You know you'd best invite me to the wedding, right? I promise I'll behave...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is the William I suspect it is, then you and your beautiful girlfriend are already on the guest list. If it's not the William I suspect it is, then, I'm terribly sorry, but best behavior or not, no. Close friends and family only. I'm sure you understand... :)

    ReplyDelete